Friday, January 26, 2007

Gratitude



g r a t i t u d e g r a t i t u d e


















Started by Maryam, it then went to Shelley and then Candace, who comments:

It is very interesting to see where the pieces take us. In thinking of gratitude and acceptance of what is...as well as making a place to enter the piece....I intuitively burned a hole in it (Shelley for give me)...which to me represented the idea of things that occur that are not always welcome, but must be accepted, and all the turmoil that in on the earth these days. Beneath it I inserted froagments of perpetual poem that I am writing which became more abstract, more universal as I excerpted it, and became the healing element to the burn....the beginning of recovery....which resides in art/love/acceptance /gratitude/nature. I liked the affect visually after I soaked it in my tea, and then another fragment appeared as the abstract explanation. I then inserted a small gouache painting/seeds in the wind which often occur after a fire in nature...new growth cannot be stopped and regardless of the sharp points/the angst/the love, new growth keeps on coming, relentless as wars...and we can take solace/have gratitude for that.

Next it went to Mario who finished the piece.

1 comment:

termeh said...

Perhaps my least favorite so far!!
I think it's the most fragmented in style and visual language. Like listening to layers of conversation in different languages overlapped with no sign of comprehension in sight!
I think we all went our own way with this one, hoping the next person would bring it all together, but it never happened.